Social Media Tools
Social Apps for Blogs
- AddThis ( www.addthis.com ) – AddThis is a social media app that allows you to add social network sharing buttons to your website that can count the number of shares on your social media page. What makes this program different is that it can be used to provide data for user activity on your pages. Read more: http://techcrunch.com/2007/03/05/addthis-widget-gathering-lots-of-interesting-data/
- LinkWithin ( www.linkwithin.com/learn/ ) – A professional-looking blog widget that appears under each post, linking to related stories from your blog archive. This is an ideal tool for making the most of your past blog posts and keeping readers on your blog engaged.
- MyBlogLog ( www.mybloglog.com ) – MyBlogLog is a new service that allows authors and readers the chance to engage with each other. This can provide blog authors with immediate feedback about something they have just written.
Social Marketing, Productivity
- Social Oomph ( www.socialoomph.com ) – Social Oomph is a program that provides free and paid productivity enhancement services for companies who rely on social media as part of their marketing plan. It allows you to schedule tweets, track keywords and much more. This is a valuable app for any business or individual’s marketing plan. Review: http://download.cnet.com/SocialOomph/3000-12941_4-75622329.html?tag=mncol;2
- TurnSocial.com ( turnsocial.com ) – Social tool bar built for local business websites, and we make it easy to add the most popular social media and location based applications in less than 5 minutes.
- Wibiya ( www.wibiya.com ) – Wibiya is a toolbar that can be used to track page views and how your visitors used your website. Wibiya can be personalized by changing how much content you wish to make visible and how your visitors will interact with that information. Review: http://techcrunch.com/2010/07/28/wibiya-takes-on-meebo/